Friday, September 7, 2012

Unemployment


A look at the U.S. employment picture

   One of the main problems in the United States today is unemployment. More and more people are losing there jobs everyday. Some are just plain lazy and some are just dumb. What some people don't know is that the unemployment rates drooped to 8.1 percent in August. The lower jobless rate mean that most people have given up looking for a job. This also fell to 63.5 percent the lowest it has ever been in a long time.

   I always knew that people or Americans have been losing there jobs for the past few years, but I never knew it was drooping this much. It surprised me just to know that my dad was let go from his job a few years ago but lucky for him he found a better one and hes doing the same thing as he was with his last job.

   Since the beginning of the year job has gone up to at least 139,000 every mouth. Which is good for now but it could get better, wish it would at least.

   "The unemployment rate in Greece was last reported at 24.4 percent for this past June, according to official figures released September 6. This means that almost one out of every four Greek citizens seeking work cannot find a job." By the looks of this at least were doing better then the Greeks. If one out of every American are looking for a job now, then it would be total chaos here. I could not image what it would be like, and I never wont that to happen.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting choice for your random post! I especially like the way you worked in statistics and a global perspective. I am not sure I understand what the 63.5% refers to, though, or why people ceasing to look for jobs would make the rate go down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I did talk about how people not having jobs affect the rates but I guess I didn't. The 63.5% is the amount of people who are now unemployed and aren't trying to find another job but sit around and get money from the goverment which is the main problem today for America.

    ReplyDelete