Friday, September 7, 2012

Is Procrastination Good for You?

   First of all, waiting till the last second to do your work that is due the next day is never good for your grade. But it can be good for you!  Some scientists have argued that there are two kinds of procrastination: active procrastination and passive procrastination. Active procrastination means you realize that you are unduly delaying mowing the lawn or cleaning your closet, but you are doing something that is more valuable instead. Passive procrastination is just sitting around on your sofa not doing anything. That clearly is a problem. Why not wait till the last second so you can relax until its due. Don't put all the pressure on your self and mess up until you feel confident enough to do it.
   There is also a two-step process for better decision-making. Which is what is the longest amount of time I can take before doing this? What time world am I living in? ( I don't really get why this is on here but I guess it helps for some people?) Delay the response or the decision until the very last possible moment. (Which is what Procrastination is).

  Just take a breath. Take more pauses. Stare off into the distance. This will help you relax and do what you need to do without being stressed. Some people say this is stupid (like me) but others say it helps a lot. I would like to try it one day for my sport which is soccer. I hope this will work and not be a joke like always. I'll post back to tell y'all if it works later own.

No comments:

Post a Comment