Thursday, August 23, 2012

What happens in class



  What happen in class today was fun and embarrassing for me. At the end of the day in my last class which is public speaking, we had to do a assignment that was due that day. The assignment was that we had to put five items into a bag that represents us and then write what we are going to say onto paper. So what I did to explain myself to my classmates was first my favorite food which is slim jims, than my favorite drink which is coke. My last three items is my iPod because of music, a small soccer ball for favorite sport, and lastly a little yellow lab to show that I love dogs and to play with them.

  So when the time was come to enter the class I was very nervous to be picked first. Lucky me my friend Donnie wanted to volunteer to go first. Of course he was being funny and making jokes while he was showing everybody his items, but that's normal Donnie for ya. While everybody was laughing at what he was saying I was going to get my bag out of my book bag. I never thought about it at first, but it was a tight fill to put it in there and that turned out to tear the bag on its side showing my box of slim jims. Some how it made me sad because I didn't want anything bad to happen when it was my turn but I kinda jinks myself. 
  Later on in the class I was trying to figure out what I was going to say. Even tho I wrote what to say on my paper I wasn't so positive about it. The thing is I was never so great at talking in front of people or a audience. Reason I say this is because when I first start talking my face turns blood red. I never even knew this until my friends told me a while back. So right when it was my turn to talk in front of my classmates I could feel my face getting hot and I could hear people saying he's blushing and look how red his face is getting. Next thing I know I lose my train of thought and just started talking and ignored the paper I that would of been just fine. So instead I just say things like "I use my iPod to listen to music." which was stupid of me because I really wanted to get a good grade on it but I don't think that happen.

  After everybody has gone and done there assignment our teacher told us some very important info. What she said was "So everybody has not done what was asked and will do it again later on the the school year. This should of took more then an a class period but was suppose to at least take two days, and nobody talked about there five items enough." So lucky me I get another chance to do it and will do it better next time. I guess it wasn't so bad of a day than. 

1 comment:

  1. Do you think there is a way to mentally block out all of these things that make you nervous? It's almost like you are looking for things to make something that scares you as bad as possible! If I were you, I know I would have wished my friends never told me about my blushing, because that just adds to the list.

    I am, however, glad that you put a positive spin on the end, looking forward to improving the next time!

    ReplyDelete